Saturday, November 5, 2011

One. Week. Left.

A lot has happend since my last post. I completed my rotations on the Oncology Unit, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, and now am running the whole hospital! I apologize for the amount of time since my last post.

Oncology- I learned so much about the different phases of treatment for cancer patients. I was also able to observe procedures such as: Lumbar puncture, radiation treatment, port access, re access, and suture removal.  I provided procedural support and collaborated with child life. This unit is very unique because patients have frequent hospitalizations and you follow them during their treatment process.

PICU- I loved my rotation on the PICU. The staff on this unit provide appropriate referrals and understand the purpose of the music therapy profession. I'm more included in rounds and have the opportunity to contribute to patients care.

I'm currently in charge of the whole hospital. It is very difficult to be one therapist in charge of four different units. I have learned a lot about prioritizing patients and time management. I don't know how my supervisor does it! I have so much respect for her and look up to her. She has accomplished so much with her position and I hope to be as successful as her one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment